Tweet In the last few days after I published my first two posts of “My Musical Talent” blog, I received more than 2000′ visitors and more than 50 comments. This serious amount of reaction reinforced my deep thoughts and feelings that music has a...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "music of the heart"
art Arts baby blog Cello Charles Darwin Child children Classical Guitar classical music comments common denominator education genes genius Guitar Jazz List of concert halls lp Magic Flute Maya Maya Liberman motivation movie Mozart music musical education Musical instrument music education musician oliver sack Orchestra post radio recored school Shopping success talent Teacher Television vinyl Violin Wikipedia Youtube
- David Etheridge on Are Classical and Jazz Music Going To Die Soon?
- Robert Danziger on Are Classical and Jazz Music Going To Die Soon?
- Paul King on Are Classical and Jazz Music Going To Die Soon?
- Craig Knudsen on Are Classical and Jazz Music Going To Die Soon?
- Ernest Chapman on Are Classical and Jazz Music Going To Die Soon?
- Are Classical and Jazz Going to Die Soon – The Survey May 20, 2013In my last post “Are Classical and Jazz Going to Die Soon”, I pointed out a major problem about the changing of the music world – the serious problem of artistic music declining in terms of consumption and popularity. This situation affects both musical organizations, such as symphonic orchestras that are in financial difficulties and […]admin
- A Matter of Communication May 14, 2013Here is an article by Verena Zeiner answering my last post “Are Classical and Jazz Music Going to Die Soon?” http://verenazeiner.wordpress.com/2013/05/14/a-matter-of-communication/ Today’s post is a response to an article Maya Liberman (an Israeli musician and passionate teacher) published on her own blog. She’s asking: “Are classical and jazz music going […]admin
- Are Classical and Jazz Music Going To Die Soon? May 3, 2013A few days ago I returned from Jazzahead! Conference in Bremen. This is a special annual event that aims to promote business interaction between jazz musicians, producers, jazz festivals and music agents. It is a special event because it combines not only hundreds of exhibits, but is also full of concerts, exposing the music industry […]admin
- How I Didn’t Manage To Get an Excellent Student March 25, 2013One day, I received a phone call from a man named Itzik, who wanted to learn to play the cello and asked about lessons. As you can imagine, Itzik is an adult and he had doubts about is ability to pick up the cello at his age. In theory, Itzik was right. […]admin
- Guitar Zero or Guitar Hero December 9, 2012Dedicated to: Gary Marcus Sometimes, an unpredictable event can bring with it an exciting experience…. Several days ago, I found myself crawling along in a traffic jam, on the way home with my kids. The car was moving at a numbing pace of 8 miles an hour and I was a bit bored. So I […]admin
- Why Does A Child Study Music And Why Does She Enjoy It? September 26, 2012Sometimes you cast your knowledge far and wide, without knowing what will happened with it. When I started my blog “My Musical Talent“, I wanted to share my insights with both musicians and music lovers. It quickly became an area for comments, discussions and interesting new insights. I feel very fortunate to have virtually met fascinating […]admin
- Seven Starter Steps for Listening to Classical Music With Your Kids August 28, 2012I am writing this article for many parents who asked for advice on how to introduce their kids to the world of classical music. This is, in fact, a list of several classical works written for kids by some of the best composers. I recommend listening to them with your kids for the first few […]admin
- How To Make Music Practicing Fun Instead of Torment August 12, 2012One common concern of parents and music teachers is the daily practice students must adhere to. At first, the child is excited and enthusiastic, enjoying the new instrument and practicing every day. But life is not all fun and soon enough, the daily practices seem boring and less attractive, especially when compared with other options […]admin
- How To choose The Best Musical Program For Your Child August 5, 2012Our kids have a huge selection of after-school activities these days. As a mom, I find myself driving my kids at least ten times in one week to at least 20 different activities. The variety is endless, but time and money are limited, not to mention the toll these activities take on social interactions between […]admin
- How to Recognize Musical Hearing July 28, 2012Friends, who are parents of toddlers, ask me many times if their child is musical. The answer is, in fact, not as simple and unequivocal as many people presume. Many parameters figure into the musicality of a person. Yet, after observing and testing hundreds of kids, I can honestly say I have never come […]admin